View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013   #79
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Bridgewater is being overrated by Texans fans who want a new QB. This draft could end up being like 2002 for QBs - 16 QBs taken, and they all suck. Carr, Harrington, and Ramsey at the top of that class. Or maybe a couple of them end up panning out, but I don't think Bridgewater has a better chance of panning out than McCarron or even Mett or Murray (injuries notwithstanding). Hell, Boyd might be the one that pans out. I just don't see Bridgewater being BPA. But fans want the team to force the pick because they have the top pick. Well, top pick means you should get the player with the most potential, irrespective of position.

Sucks this crappy record couldn't have waited a year.
I've gone back and forth on bridgewater.

But I think people should hold off judgement and reeeeaaaallllly think about this. Well, not us...but the texans...

Because as much as it'd suck to take bridgewater and he's nothing special, it'd suck even worse to pass on him when we had a shot at him and he becomes an elite qb in the league.

I think folks are making up their minds far too quickly. Texans scouting/decision makers have to be more open minded and examine this guy with a fine toothed comb.

Yeah he might not look great all the time, but I've watched some Louisville games and it doesn't seem like they are this greatly coached team. Their offensive scheme seems pretty basic as well.

One thing you have to consider is, can a good nfl coach take the raw skills/talent bridgewater possesses and really get the most out of him.

Just like you see mediocre guys put up monster numbers in great systems, sometimes guys are held back by mediocre systems/coaching.

I'm not sold on bridgewater right now either...but he does have some very enticing attributes that make me believe he could be a great qb.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote