View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013   #76
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamperofirpo View Post
Are any of the above better options than:

1) Taking Clowney @ #1, in Round 1
2) Dump Shaub & TJ - Save $4.7M in Cap Space
3) Picking up a QB that's a Cap Casualty (Bradford, Cutler, or Rivers)
4) Taking McCarron or Murray or Boyd in Round 3 - and see if they pan out for long term.
I am a firm believer in that you want to fix something you don't do it with band aids. Cutler and Bradford IMHO are band aids and I don't see Rivers leaving SD. I also believe that the most important player on a team is the QB. If you have a guy you truly believe in, think he could be a $100 mil guy, team QB with multiple playoffs for the next 15 years you go get him. I currently think Bortles and Mettenberger can be that guy but it's still early.

If you are making a decision on QB because you're afraid you might miss out on a franchise QB and you don't want to be the goat then you take Clowney. McCarron, Manziel, Bridgewater and Carr possible mid/late rd 1st. Murray, Boyd Fales could go as early as 2nd RD NLT 3rd RD. These guys are more wishing & hoping picks than conviction and committed picks.

Last edited by Texian; 12-06-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote