View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013   #122
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
There is really nothing to dispute about that.

My point in this is that just because he's rich, doesn't mean he doesn't care about his profit margin.

Some of the richest people will argue about every dollar and cent they should be earning.

I'm not saying McNair is a penny pincher, but I do think he will take notice if he sees a loss of profits due to loss of fan support.
I agree with you. I do not think he bought the franchise in a completely altruistic desire to bring football back to Houston.

I feel it is a combination of both wanting a winning franchise and a profitable business. To what degree of each is a matter of pure speculation, as none of us has the inside track on McNair and his public persona is always going to be crafted for a specific presentation.

Heck, we have no idea if the dude ever pounds the table and demands anything from his staff, or if he's cool like a Buddhist monk and never shows that kind of emotion. He's still sort of an enigma to Texans fans after 12 seasons, so a lot of the speculation by fans is mere projection.