View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013   #95
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
90% of Reliant is sold on season tickets. You are seeing some unused seats/parking this year but the revenue is not lost except on the game day sales of concessions. Until it hits the point where the Texans are not selling out the games their attendance losses are limited to game day purchases.

Merchandise is shared by the league (with some small exceptions). That's why the VY will sell more jerseys than Mario argument was silly.

The TV contracts are long term league deals.

There are a few things individual teams negotiate like naming rights but again they are long term deals.
You're underestimating the amount of revenue loss. Just based on your cavalier dismissal of revenues is well over several million each Sunday. Funny how that is not much money when it is not yours. As a CEO and CFO your not doing a happy a dance when your revenue is declining. I don't know of any Owner/CEO/CFO who celebrates when revenue goes down. I use to own my own company and when revenue dropped, alarms and sirens went off with an immediate attention to why and how to stop it. I don't expect things are much different with any other FOR profit business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's all true.

It would apply IF this was Bob McNair's BUSINESS.

This isn't his business. This is his HOBBY.

This is a guy who gives away $100,000,000 dollars in charity.
McNair did not buy the Texans with the intent to lose money. No owner or potential owner would either. Granted there may be a few owners who are content to tread water. Those owners and those NFL Franchises are closer to the Bottom 5 in franchise value and NOT one of the Top 5 Most Valuable NFL Franchises.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote