View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013   #94
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
That's all true.

It would apply IF this was Bob McNair's BUSINESS.

This isn't his business. This is his HOBBY.

This is a guy who gives away $100,000,000 dollars in charity.
I can't remember exactly how it went, but McNair originally wanted a hockey team.

I saw you mention McNair and jerry jones earlier and IMO, they are not a like in any way besides they both are rich.

Jerry jones actually is involved in the football stuff. He's hands on with that stuff.

We don't even know if McNair was the one who wanted Ed Reed. McNair brought in a football consultant during capers era. McNair goes to other owners for advice on whether his team is "on the right track".

You keep saying that McNair has plenty of money. That's true, but like a kleptomaniac stealing just to steal, very rich people (who really don't NEED anymore money) sometimes just like to make money because that's what they do.

The way the texans are marketed lets you know they are about the money. Let's not make it seem like the money this franchise makes isn't important to McNair. It is.

So while being a great football team might be a sign of status for McNair, I'm willing to bet that a really rich guy like him also views his franchise being one of the most valuable as a status symbol as well.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote