View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013   #87
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I agree with most of your comments. I disagree somewhat with Pittsburgh, Miami, Dallas comments. I understand the point you're trying to make. To be more accurate, Bob McNair said prior to the start 2006 season he was using "The Patriot Model" to build his team going forward.

IMHO I do think that customer fan disapproval does take their toll. I can't imagine any owner wanting to live with 24/7 bad press, criticism, disapproval and condemnation, it affects the personal side of their life. Owners are people to. Plus all of the above is bad for business and that effects the business side of their life.
How are the fans perspectives on the Texans bad for McNair's businesses? If the fans are ticked off about Kubiak, how does that translate to some power plants on the East Coast, a Biotech firm, a Real Estate company, and some venture capital things?

McNair's not running some Mytiburger franchise that local people are going to stop going to if they don't like what he does with the team. The fans in Houston are NOT the people McNair's businesses deal with. The only time their his customers is when they're going to the games. And if he's not looking at that as his main source of income, then he's not that worried about what the fans think.

For someone like a McNair or a Jerry Jones, owning a sports team is their way of playing Madden. This is a game. They want to win. It's exciting. But if someone is burning a Schaub jersey outside the stadium, it's not the end of their world.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote