View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013   #86
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
To the first paragraph, the current CBA prevents going too far under the cap. You're also making the assumption that by going "cheap" McNair could guarantee the same revenue stream.

To the second, I couldn't disagree more. He cares what he hears from fans when he sees decreased revenue streams. He's already seeing that now with reduced concessions, stadium merchandise, licensing and the like. If he thinks that retaining Kubiak will keep hurting those streams in anything other than the very near term, he might be inclined to make a change.

Sure, he's in no danger of losing money anytime soon, but if this team is his status symbol (I tend to agree), then the longer we wallow, the lower that status.
Even before the current CBA, we weren't one of the teams with a ton of cap space. The Buccs almost always have 20-40 million to spend. THAT'S a team where I'd be worried about a cheap owner.

Another team is the Bengals. For them, this IS their revenue. Their owners are worried about profit far more than McNair is. And because of that, they do things cheap. They nickle and dime their players. McNair provides them with nice facilities and provides perks you'd expect (like free gatorade); the Bengals don't (from what I've heard.)

Fans are fickle. Daniel Snyder tried for years to run his team like a fan would and it got him nothing. Does McNair want fans in the seats? Yes, of course he does. But he believes the way to get them there isn't by doing what they want, it's by giving them a winner. And he doesn't think they (we) know what's best for his team.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote