View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013   #85
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If McNair was all about maximizing his profit, then we would have a huge gap between the salaries of our players and the cap limit. And we don't. We'd have the fewest number of coaches possible. And we don't.

I don't think McNair gives one rat's ass about his "customers" in this context. He doesn't care if we like or dislike Kubiak. He only cares about whether HE thinks Kubiak can give him a winning team. And he's had Kubiak give him a contender a couple of years in a row.
To the first paragraph, the current CBA prevents going too far under the cap. You're also making the assumption that by going "cheap" McNair could guarantee the same revenue stream.

To the second, I couldn't disagree more. He cares what he hears from fans when he sees decreased revenue streams. He's already seeing that now with reduced concessions, stadium merchandise, licensing and the like. If he thinks that retaining Kubiak will keep hurting those streams in anything other than the very near term, he might be inclined to make a change.

Sure, he's in no danger of losing money anytime soon, but if this team is his status symbol (I tend to agree), then the longer we wallow, the lower that status.