View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013   #84
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I think McNair wants to win. I think he wants to have a winning team. But I think he's trying to model the way the franchise works on Pittsburgh (recently) and Miami and Dallas (in the 70's and 80's). I think that HE thinks that a winning program is based on stability.

I don't think McNair gives one rat's ass about his "customers" in this context. He doesn't care if we like or dislike Kubiak. He only cares about whether HE thinks Kubiak can give him a winning team. And he's had Kubiak give him a contender a couple of years in a row.

So I can see him keeping Kubiak around if he thinks Kubiak is doing a good job or if he thinks Kubiak can do a good job in the future.

With all that said... I expect him to fire Kubiak. But I don't expect him to fire Kubiak because he thinks it will renew the fanbase's morale or sell more tickets.
I agree with most of your comments. I disagree somewhat with Pittsburgh, Miami, Dallas comments. I understand the point you're trying to make. To be more accurate, Bob McNair said prior to the start 2006 season he was using "The Patriot Model" to build his team going forward.

IMHO I do think that customer fan disapproval does take their toll. I can't imagine any owner wanting to live with 24/7 bad press, criticism, disapproval and condemnation, it affects the personal side of their life. Owners are people to. Plus all of the above is bad for business and that effects the business side of their life.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote