View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013   #83
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: WILL McNair fire Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Are you sure you're not mistaking the conversation regarding keeping Smith?

The whole premise was that no team in history has won division titles and playoffs games in back-to-back seasons and fired the GM and coach after the next season.

McClain maintains that Kubiak will be fired and Smith will stay.
Nope, not a mistake on my part.

Read it for yourself. This is the article they were talking about on the radio:

Quote:
Texans house cleaning would be foolish

When a team loses as much as the Texans have, change is inevitable. But what kind of owner fires his general manager and coach one bad season after they won back-to-back AFC South titles and a playoff game each year?

A foolish one.

And McNair is no fool.

Source
I did not get to read the article until today, and I'm not upset about it like the guys on the radio. It's just McClain filling up space as far as I'm concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
But like a car wreck, I can't pull my eyes away. I'm compelled to look.

Fired. No doubt in my mind. This season has embarrassed McNair. And Kubiak's blood is the cost of that embarrassment.
One aspect that makes me lean toward a Kubiak firing is McNair's radio silence. In 2010, when fans were getting restless, McNair made a series of statements that were clearly in support of Kubiak. That owners' meeting after losing a tight MNF game comes to mind, where he said all the owners told him what a great team he has and that he just needs to be patient. Then the infamous "ox in a ditch" and "on the right track" quotes came out around the same time.

Now...we hear absolutely nothing from McNair. Not a peep, afaik. That tells me that he's preparing to do what he has to do, which is probably not easy for a guy like McNair, but he knows that it's time when he sees this garbage product on the field in his team's uniforms.

That said, I'm still preparing myself for the worst. Hoping for the best, but I'm not expecting anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
Bob McNair will lose money if he doesn't INCREASE his PROFITS.
31 teams in the NFL make a profit every year regardless of results. The only team that does not turn a profit is the Lions, and that is a direct result of massive debt from financing a new stadium and bad management.

Quote:
Only One NFL Team Lost Money In 2012

A new Forbes report indicates just how profitable the NFL has become. According to the study the average NFL team is worth $1.17 billion, and the most valuable team, the Dallas Cowboys, are worth an astounding $2.3 billion.

In that respect, it may be surprising to hear that not every NFL franchise operated at a surplus in 2012. In fact one team lost money.

Forbes reported that the Detroit Lions, who were valued at $900 million and took in $248 million in revenue last year, posted a loss of $3.5 million last year.

------------------------------

Below is the complete list of NFL franchise values and, in parenthesis, each team's operating income from 2012:

1. Dallas Cowboys: $2.3 billion ($250.7 million)
2. New England Patriots: $1.8 billion ($139.2 million)
3. Washington Redskins: $1.7 billion ($104.3 million)
4. New York Giants: $1.55 billion ($64.4 million)
5. Houston Texans: $1.45 billion ($81.5 million)
McNair could keep everything exactly the same in 2014 and still make a nice profit. Revenue sharing ensures this basic fact.