Thread: Play GM
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013   #39
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Play GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
I would love to see AJ stay and be productive through the end of his contract and retire a Texan. But I remember that this is a business; there is a lot of money to be saved towards the cap by releasing him. If produces another great season in 2014 then keeping him is probably best. But if his production falls off, parting ways could be an option after the 2014 season. His base salary goes up dramatically in 2015.
I understand the reasoning but again where do you see non problem children highly productive WRs being released? The if his production falls off is a giant IF with the odds against it. Plus cutting him after 2014 (or trading him) creates $9 mil in dead money.