Thread: Play GM
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013   #38
Troy Chapman
Veteran

Rep Power: 29715 Troy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respectedTroy Chapman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Play GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Unfortunate for you. Jerry Rice began the most productive four season stretch of his career at 31 years old (AJ's age now) leading the league in receiving in three of the four years and leading the league in receptions in the 4th. We aren't talking RB here. 30 is not a death knell for a WR. His current contract runs through to 34. I think barring injury it is far more likely you see the last year of his deal redone in an extension through him being 37 or so.

How many non-problem child 1500 yd WRs do you see getting released or traded? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the answer is none.
I would love to see AJ stay and be productive through the end of his contract and retire a Texan. But I remember that this is a business; there is a lot of money to be saved towards the cap by releasing him. If produces another great season in 2014 then keeping him is probably best. But if his production falls off, parting ways could be an option after the 2014 season. His base salary goes up dramatically in 2015.
Troy Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote