Thread: Play GM
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013   #34
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Play GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Chapman View Post
That includes releasing A. Johnson after the 2014 season. Yes I said it.
Unfortunate for you. Jerry Rice began the most productive four season stretch of his career at 31 years old (AJ's age now) leading the league in receiving in three of the four years and leading the league in receptions in the 4th. We aren't talking RB here. 30 is not a death knell for a WR. His current contract runs through to 34. I think barring injury it is far more likely you see the last year of his deal redone in an extension through him being 37 or so.

How many non-problem child 1500 yd WRs do you see getting released or traded? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the answer is none.