View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013   #177
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is the rebuilding path?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
I remember last year when, about this time, I was hoping we'd get Manti Teo to team with Cushing in the middle. At that time, it was a pipe dream because there was no way he lasted to our pick in the first round. Everyone was expecting him to go in the 10-15 pick range.

And then a lot of stuff happened and he dropped into the 2nd round and I didn't even want him when our pick came up.

The moral of this story is that there's a lot of stuff that's going to happen from now until the draft. Players' stocks are going to rise and player's stocks are going to fall. We don't even know what sort of offensive system we're going to be wanting this guy to fit into.

Do we take Bridgewater? Carr? Mariota? Man, it's WAY too premature to be getting into those details.

And when we get a new coach, is he going to be in a win-now, Super Bowl or bust mode or is he going to have time? Because if he has time, then he's probably going to want to take a couple of years of suckage to put all the best pieces in place. If he doesn't see "his guy" at QB in this draft, he can go with Keenum and/or some later round guy and try to infuse some talent into the rest of the team.

It's going to be interesting watching this play itself out.
Unfortunately, we can probably scratch Mariota off the list. He chose to stay in College. Good for him, meh for us