View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013   #190
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 115980 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2013 College Football Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Russell Wilson made Johnny Football some money last night.
It's up to JFF to make his own money. Wilson and Brees have opened the door for smaller guys to get a chance at QB. But nobody is going to hand Manziel squat just because Russell Wilson is a great QB.

I agree with the Manziel/Wilson comparison as far as size and athleticism goes. That's as far as I see the comparison going though. Wilson has unnatural poise and leadership skills, a much stronger arm, puts amazing touch on his passes, great accuracy, makes ridiculously quick decisions, and has much more experience as a QB and as a QB in a pro system.

Manziel compares more favorably to Eric Crouch than Russell Wilson. And I'm not saying this as a knock on Manziel's passing ability. He's a much better passer than Crouch ever was and I don't see him busting like Crouch did. But comparing Manziel to Wilson is going straight to the absolute best case scenario.

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote