Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013   #1011
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112833 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
From what I saw WR were running poor routes and were not in sinc. The OL got abused in pass pro. Don't really blame WR or QB as much as I do Sumlin. The disconnect was a sign of poor coaching. Sumlin teams play loose and not as well prepared as a Shaw, Fisher, Saban, Richt, Miles teams just name a few.
I don't think that it's really Sumlin that's to blame. Clarence McKinney is not as good an OC as Kingsbury was, I think. Him and Manziel had a kind of rapport I do not see with McKinney.

Sumlin did rely on the run game more than before, and I liked that. A&M has an SEC quality running attack if it actually deigns to use it. Not using it in the LSU game to help out Manziel drove me nuts.

In all truthfulness I'm ready to have a true pocket passer in the Sumlin system in Kyle Allen. I wanna see a guy throw a few more strikes in the system, not screens and little dumpoffs every other passing play.