Thread: We are number 1
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013   #60
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87776 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Were number 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
1) The bolded above is absolutely false. Bridgewater is the consensus top QB among the scouting community.

2) NFL teams love potential just as much as sportswriters or "wanna be's". How else do you explain a guy like Gabbert going #10? Or Ponder going #12? What about Tannehill going #8 while Foles and Cousins go 3-4? How about Tebow going #25 or Josh Freeman going #17? What about Jamarcus Russell going #1?

Bridgewater has that upside that teams look for. McCarron does not. Does that mean Bridgewater will be the superior pro? No. But most people are expecting him to be.

Some scouts may love Bridgewater, I'm sure you do. He may be the consensus #1 QB. But I think he's no franchise QB and spending the #1 pick in the draft on a guy like him would be a mistake. Just because you need a QB doesn't mean you should reach for one. Reaching for a QB puts a team in the same situation as the Jags and Gabbert.

With that said, I'm sure if Rick gets to make the pick Bridgewater will be the guy. 10 more yrs of the Carr crap will ensue all over again. The Texans will never learn.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote