View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013   #170
TXAg14
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 TXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respectedTXAg14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is the rebuilding path?

Texans can go one of two ways from the draft.

1) Draft a QB like Bridgewater. Effectively that is telling Keenum to take a hike. Big risk option there, do the Texans get an Andrew Luck or a Ryan Leaf?

2) Take an OL/DL pick first, shore up one of the lines. This is better from the "rebuilding" standpoint as it's less of a risk but it won't immediately improve the Texans from the QB standpoint.

Personally, unless the Texans feel like Bridgewater is the savior of the franchise and WILL be the best thing to happen to Houston since air conditioning, I'd go with the safe pick. Nothing wrong with improving your lines.

I'm also thinking the Texans might find some value at the QB position in the 2nd round. A guy I really like is Aaron Murray. He'd be a lower pick since he tore his ACL a couple weeks ago, but I think if he can recover then he'd be worth a look.

Summed up, the biggest decision, and the telltale sign of how the next few years will play out rests on what the Texans do in the first round.
TXAg14 is offline   Reply With Quote