View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013   #22
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 137259 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sumlin agrees to 6 year deal with TAMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
That's my issue, I believe he has a plug and play offense, and they'll find a quarterback to run the system successfully. But if he continues with the type of defense he's brought so far, and it goes back to his time at UofH, they'll be also rans.
He doesn't run the defense. Mark Snyder does, and the defense held up pretty well against a solid Mizzou team. A&M just could not capitalize on the offensive side when they needed to. This last defensive performance probably would have won us the Alabama and Auburn games.

Our pass rushers are mostly freshmen, with the exception of Gavin Stansbury. Isaiah Golden, Justin Manning and Daeshon Hall are not yet conditioned to the point where they can compete with the big SEC O-lines. We have a 5 star pass rusher coming in and one of the best LBs in the state in Hoza Scott (if he meets academic standards). Jordan Mastrogiovanni will step up at LB next year and Darian Claiborne is easily one of the better LBs in the SEC and he's just a freshman.

Two years. My senior year A&M makes a run at the SEC title.
htownfan32 is online now   Reply With Quote