Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013   #1009
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 330323 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
While I do agree with your premise, the NFL rarely calls it even though they do have stricter rules than the college game. I'd be more worried about a defender that plays physical (Darqueze Denard is a great example) than a receiver who does.
I agree generally it is a rare call even in the NFL, but he is dumb about it and it looks habitual. He isn't getting a little shove in for separation while playing hand games with the defender. He is doing stuff like grabbing jersey and pulling backwards to slingshot himself by and that is going to get flagged in a heartbeat. More importantly, how is he going to look if he drops all of it in the NFL?