View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013   #15
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sumlin agrees to 6 year deal with TAMU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
That's my prediction. I think he is a little foolish not to "cash in" now with the up coming off season while he is one of if not the hottest name on the market for college football coaches. Hell, some are even considering him for the NFL when he has literally no experience at all, and very little as a HC of a big time program. Manziel leaves this off season and he possibly have a down year or two. Who knows. If he has a less than spectacular season or two, his popularity as a hot coaching candidate will die rather quickly just like it does with a lot of HC's. I'm actually pretty surprised that he's not cashing in while the gettin is good.

I don't have the know the man either. I can make assumptions based on history and what I've seen tons of coaches do in similar situations. Texas A&M isn't some program that HC's are dying to be at, nor is it a program that I feel like Sumlin will embrace to the point that he'll keep passing up on other gigs with higher profile jobs. Could I be wrong? Sure, but I don't see Sumlin being there pass the next two seasons.
Looks to me like Sumlin did cash in. That's what the extension is. He's just cashing in at A&M instead of USC.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote