Thread: Play GM
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013   #30
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Play GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
I cut Schaub and Foster. After back surgery I don't expect Foster to be worth his $8 mil. And the current OL also looks like it went thru back surgery. A new QB will need Andre and Daniels. Manning when healthy is the best S on the team. Manning and Daniels are 2015 FA so their $ disappear then anyways. Take your full medicine in 2014 and w/o any Schaub, Foster, Daniels, Manning money on the 2015 books, the Texans start 2015 year almost $50 mil under the cap.
I agree about Foster. I like the guy, but if we are honest, most of the time that a heavily used RB goes in for major surgery (especially the back), it's time to move on.

Of course he could have a great recovery in today's day and age, but I'm just not sold on taking that chance with a likely new coaching staff and offensive scheme.

Sometimes it takes the hard decisions to move on, and Foster is one of those casualties.