View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013   #163
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What is the rebuilding path?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I get what you're saying, but instead of trying to fill all of the holes in 1 draft, which is what Rick has done yr after yr. I would rather go for value and create depth. Something that Rick also has never done.

I hope the new regime follows the Panthers path that they took in last yrs draft although not in rds 1-2. Star/Short

There should be McCullers in rd 3 and Carrethers in Rd 4. Then you could move Mitchell outside and really improve the DL.
If we have my trade down scenario with extra selections (ILB Shayne Skov in third and Andrew Jackson in 4th) I agree. However, that will probably not be the scenario. Ever game you lose, fans will look at two players chosen in close rounds will clamor "you should have gotten a safety" (or whatever). I would love two noses in draft but not at expense of another need. When your starter gets tired, move Mitchell back a few series. There is value in that. Strengthen your starting spots then work on depth.