View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013   #4
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 15546 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Baby's First Mock Draft

Hey now, nobody puts baby in a corner! And I haven't even seen that movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
1. Clowney: too big a risk for me to draft first in draft. It does bother me the concerns about him giving up. Why would you pick any player first who is having a bad year? Is that not a red flag?
If you can find plays where he 'gives up' that don't involve him being double/triple teamed or having the play run right away from him, I'd love to see it. A combination of injuries and heightened national awareness of him has more likely done more to reduce his production this year than any questions of laziness.

Let's assume for a minute that Clowney does take plays off; he's still rightfully feared by a lot of offensive coordinators, and their focus on him has led to teammates in Kelcy Qarles and Chaz Sutton have been accumulating sacks due to the spotlight being drawn away. Having Clowney and Watt working together makes every other pass rusher on the team that much more dangerous.

Even then, I could even understand why Clowney would want to take it easy before the draft. He's twice seen his former teammate, Marcus Lattimore, go from a "The next ADP", surefire 1st-round pick to nearly having his career derailed by freak injuries and falling to the 4th. Bridgewater might have elite intangibles in his ability to read defenses, but as a prospect I don't see a wider gap between him and a 2nd-round QB than between Clowney and a 2nd-round DE/OLB.

Quote:
2. Boyd I could go with.
I'd actually prefer Mettenberger at this point, but Mettenberger seems to be playing himself back into the mid-late first at this point. If Boyd loses to South Carolina, he could be our guy in the second.

Quote:
3. James Hurst I just don't like him but could be wrong. See him more of a project.
I admit, I haven't done more research on him than "graded as 2-3rd round prospect, went to UNC so he knows the ZBS." If there are better options, feel free to list them.

Quote:
5. Really like Jackson as I'm big fan.
Same, though again it was a matter of BPA ILB at that point; I'd honestly like to get Skov, but I'd also think we could bring in a free agent like Daryl Smith or maybe even Poluzney.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote