Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013   #994
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I don't think there is any comparison between Manziel and Tebow unless you're talking system Quarterbacks and even then I don't think that's very valid. Scouts are torn on Manziel. They weren't torn on Tebow. Nobody thought he would be a successful NFL QB.

As for Vince and Manziel. I think they do compare favorably in that both of their games are predicated on their improvisational skills. Vince relied on those skills a lot in college and it hurt him in the NFL when he couldn't get away with it anymore. It's up for debate whether that will be the case with Manziel. I do think Vince has a stronger arm than Manziel, but that doesn't mean much if you don't know how to use it.
I disagree with VY relying on improvisation in college. I watched a lot of UT football when VY was there. I didn't miss a game his last year I don't think....

VY had some nice talent around him. Ramonce Taylor, Jamal Charles, I think the TE's name was Harris...white guy...he was a baller...they had some good receivers too.

They really just shredded teams. I don't remember VY back there running all over the place and doing the things JM does. It was more make a simple read and go.

Honestly, I mainly recall VY and the Texas offense killing people within the framework of called plays most times.

Last edited by Rey; 11-28-2013 at 11:28 AM.