View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013   #71
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I was wondering about his statements. I saw the full interview, and I was curious about how many horrible teams he had been on to see so many firings.

I like Smith, but hyperbole is hyperbole.

McNair is not going anywhere, so if you think this is a disease-ridden franchise, perhaps Houston football is not for you.

Would you rather have a meddling owner like Jerry Jones? Or an inept owner who puts his business buddies in charge of operations like Bud Adams?

We knew going into the expansion team that McNair was a noob owner and there would be a learning curve. If this road is too tough for you as a fan, then golf might prove to be your style of sport to watch on Sundays.
Well said and agree. I was annoyed that McNair kept Kubiak after 2010, but overall, he's been a decent owner.

And, as you said: The McNair's aren't going anywhere. Ever. Cal is being groomed for taking over down the line, and he'll be in charge for a good 25 years or so after that.

The McNair's have made mistakes in hiring but they seem like solid people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote