Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013   #991
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I don't think there is any comparison between Manziel and Tebow unless you're talking system Quarterbacks and even then I don't think that's very valid. Scouts are torn on Manziel. They weren't torn on Tebow. Nobody thought he would be a successful NFL QB.

As for Vince and Manziel. I think they do compare favorably in that both of their games are predicated on their improvisational skills. Vince relied on those skills a lot in college and it hurt him in the NFL when he couldn't get away with it anymore. It's up for debate whether that will be the case with Manziel. I do think Vince has a stronger arm than Manziel, but that doesn't mean much if you don't know how to use it.
Good post man. I agree completely. Vince just didn't have the smarts to truly understand the pro game nor the accuracy to survive. Manziel is already a much better passer and has as good, and arguably better, improvisational skills as Vince. That said, players like Manziel, Russell Wilson, Vince Young, RG3, and even Kaepernick are project players. NFL GMs were smart to not take Wilson or Kaepernick until the 2-3 rounds, because the fact is you really don't know how any of those type of players will turn out in the NFL.