Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013   #989
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Vince Tebow

Actually I think JF is a much better passer than the other two . I wouldn't even consider drafting a QB high that threw chicken winged . Tebow ... I think is to ripped for his own good . He looks stiff and slow throwing .
I don't think there is any comparison between Manziel and Tebow unless you're talking system Quarterbacks and even then I don't think that's very valid. Scouts are torn on Manziel. They weren't torn on Tebow. Nobody thought he would be a successful NFL QB.

As for Vince and Manziel. I think they do compare favorably in that both of their games are predicated on their improvisational skills. Vince relied on those skills a lot in college and it hurt him in the NFL when he couldn't get away with it anymore. It's up for debate whether that will be the case with Manziel. I do think Vince has a stronger arm than Manziel, but that doesn't mean much if you don't know how to use it.

- The Immortal Bo