View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013   #379
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Correct. I would give Gary Kubiak - a perfect stranger - the keys to my house, the pin number to my checking account, my wallet and every other asset I own. He's simply a good dude.

I will not, however, give him the head coaching position of a billion dollar franchise (if I owned one).

And, yes, had we made the right move in 2010 and replaced him, we would be in much better shape.

Also, there's this: McNair did Kubiak more harm by keeping him after 2010. If he'd been fired after 2010, Kubiak's record wouldn't be so glaring. Now, three years later, when you look at the big picture of Kubiak's head coaching tenure, all you see is a big line of fail. That will prevent him from getting a head coaching job again, I'm guessing.

Sometimes you do people a favor by firing them.
I'm not going to argue the point that he needs to go. The perfect flush happened in the AFC South that allowed the Texans to hang two banners. I'm sure Kubiak had something to do with that but I'm not here to defend him. I agree at this point he's toast and needs to start cleaning out his office probably around December 28th because I'm sure he's accumulated alot of stuff in 8 years. He'll need every bit of those two days.

My main point here and a few other threads is: Where is the empirical evidence that "we would be in much better shape."? There's no way you can guarantee that. Nowhere close even. We could have and may still have a replacement that looks really great on paper that wilts like dead weeds and has no success in righting the ship. As several others have stated, it could get worse. I hope like hell it gets us to the show but my point is, there's no guarantee. For every 'good time, great turn-around story' that's been spewed my bet is an astute Googler can find twice as many, probably more, that imploded.

That's all I'm saying.

Carry on.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.