View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013   #50
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey guys, what do you think about Derek Carr..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
No.. it did make a point (which is what is comical about this debate) and it is entitlement

"I felt when I signed up that the division would be a lock for us"

Hell if you look up the definition of "entitlement" they might as well type what you did above. You created a name, because you felt "entitled" to win the division.. you had a expectation of a on the field level of performance... and felt entitled to certain results and a division championship. The only one who needs to snap back to reality and get over themselves here is you.

Your entire post is complete hypocrisy.

Let me help you out with what entitlement actually means instead of your made up scenario

Quote:
en·ti·tle·ment
noun \-ˈtī-təl-mənt\

: the condition of having a right to have, do, or get something

: the feeling or belief that you deserve to be given something (such as special privileges)

: a type of financial help provided by the government for members of a particular group

I did not have a right to a Division title

I did not have a feeling or belieg that I deserved to be given aything(Mind you, you do understand that the championship was the Texans and not mine correct?)

Nothing financial

expectation? let me help you with that too as it is not the same thing as entitled

Quote:
ex·pec·ta·tion
noun \ˌek-ˌspek-ˈtā-shən, ik-\

: a belief that something will happen or is likely to happen

: a feeling or belief about how successful, good, etc., someone or something will be

I had an expectation that Texans would take the south. I also have an expectation that tax rates will go up. Does that mean I feel entitled to higher tax rates? It is either obvious these are facts or a mental disorder is working overtime here
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote