View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013   #374
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
LOL. You're questioning my affinity for this team? I'm not even going to dignify that nonsense with a response.

I will say this: There are Houston Texans fans, and there are Gary Kubiak fans. You are not a Houston Texans fan. You are a Gary Kubiak fan. That's cool. I respect that. Just OWN it, already and stop pretending that you want what's best for the team.

As Jerome Solomon said yesterday, the "Who else better can we get?" is the lamest, most absurd excuse in all of sports.
I am both. I am a Texan fan and also a Kubiak fan. I was a Texan fan before Kubiak arrived, and I will be one after he exits. I will also continue to root for him, because I like to see good people succeed. I'm not sure why this upsets people. I have enjoyed the ride the past eight years. I am disappointed that it did not work out better than it has.

I'm not sure what excuse you are referring to? I did not even hint that we shouldn't fire Kubiak. I said it needs to be done, but his removal does not solve any of the team's problems until/unless he is replaced by the right guy. Who could possibly disagree with this?

It appears to me that your rooting interests are much more tied to Kubiak than mine are. I'm wanting to discuss who could come in and coach the Texans to greater success and you are simply fixating on Kubiak and getting rid of him. He's gone. Whether we follow him up with a Bobby Petrino or a Jim Harbaugh is what I care about.