View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013   #38
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does anyone still believe in Kubiak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
HELL NO.

- I want a coach who trusts his quarterback to be able to fully audible at the line of scrimmage. I want a coach who has the ability to employ a no huddle offense. Its a sad situation to see in year 2013 of the nfl where your offense cant do a no huddle, cant audible and your QB cant freely change plays at the line of scrimmage.

- I want a coach who is up to date with the rest of the nfl landscape and not on some arrogant i dont need to change my system works fine the way it is mentality.

- I want a coach who holds everybody accountable. Doesnt give exemptions to special teams coaches or lousy quarterbacks.

- I want a coach who doesnt employ draconian zero tolerance policies. This is a football team, not political office or the boy scouts. I want a coach who values athletic talent over perfect behavior. I want a coach who can give his players a second chance instead of cutting the cord as soon as they make one mistake on or off the field.

-Last but not least, i want a coach with guts, a true backbone. I guy with charisma and personality. A coach who is not afraid to go for a score before halftime ends. A coach who has the courage to look at a crucial field goal. A coach who goes for the jugular, a coach who goes for the win, not playing not to lose.
So who hasn't had a second chance after making a mistake? Some undrafted FAs and a unmotivated draft pick? Do you know if this was their first offense? Basically, it sounds like you want a coach to fire/bench people that have performed well in the past that you see as underperforming and keep players you see as having potential but having done anything good yet. Accountability should be on a sliding scale. UDFAs have a much shorter leash that the starting QB does. So does a backup RB that fumbles or a rookie WR2 that runs the wrong routes. If you are talking about drafting players with "questionable" marks against them, would you like to go through the lists of busts of players like that? I wanted Alfonzo Dennard and would gladly have taken Juston Blackmon. We took Sam Montgomery. Look at them now. It's all risk/reward. Marciano should have been gone years ago though.

As for your other points, I agree with them for the most part. I don't think Kubiak has any "trust" issues with Schaub. He just runs the system he was taught and developed which ties into your 2nd point. The last point is also just pointing to your 2nd point. Kubiak's system gives him the odds on plays being successful and he generally follows that. That's the George Seifert way. Most people that want Kubiak gone (before this season anyways) just don't like his system. This year his (and Phillips) system has show how outdated it really is.

Time for a change. Let's hope it ends up better and not worse.