View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013   #369
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81973 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhsman View Post
Yeah, the idea that a GM is a failure for not having Pro Bowl talent at every position is a little ridiculous. I'll take a few lumps and have a hit in the 1st round every time.
The question should be, do you want a guy with Rick's draft background having the power to handpick his HC?

I dont, this will ensure another 5-10 yr period of the current Texans futility. IMHO Rick is/was nothing more than Gary's yes man. He will probably keep his job because of one thing, He has saved Uncle BoB alot of $$$$ during his tenure. Remember BoB looked up to and admired how Bud did business. It looks like BoB's franchise is headed down the same path. Hiring people like Rick Smith will help ensure ths. IMHO

Rick Smith is to BoB what Ladd Herzeg was to Bud. Only difference is Rick has more class than Ladd could've ever dreamed of having. But make no mistake, they both share the same roles in the org. (Henchmen) See: Ryans/Winston/Reed etc.... anybody that speaks out against the Texans way Losiing ways) will be let go. Speaking out against the Texans way is bad for the brand and BoB doesn't want to kill that golden goose. (Not that I blame him.)