View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013   #368
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
..said the Chiefs.

...and the Seahawks.

...and the 49ers.

...and the Broncos.

...and the Colts.

...and the...

You're right, Dale; Change NEVER works.

Shaking my freaking head.
Meh-the point he's making is that change doesn't ALWAYS work. We could change to everyone's favorite coaches and GM, draft a "franchise QB" and end up in the same situation 3-4 years from now. Fire everyone again in 4 years and be back in the same situation 3-4 years later. Stability is better but you have to evaluate at the end of each season if it's better to remain on course or roll the dice.

A lot of people won't like this statement but - I think Kubiak could win a Superbowl as a HC. I just don't think he's good enough to do it on his own. He's not a top 5-10 coach. He's just a middle of the pack coach. He needs a top 5 QB to do it with and he's been stuck with (his fault) a top 20 QB. His 2 biggest mistakes have been choosing rookie DCs and sticking with Schaub without bringing in true competition. He has a laundry list of other reasons he should lose his job after the season is over.

A franchise QB makes a good head coach great. A middle of the pack QB makes a good head coach look bad.

That said - time to replace Kubiak and everyone else. Roll the dice McNair.