Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013   #955
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61663 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
So Baylor averaging 61 point per game isn't good offense. Therefore, Oklahoma State holding them to 17 points isn't good defense.

Likewise, Oregon averaging 50+ points per game isn't good offense. Therefore, Stanford shutting them out for 3 quarters isn't good defense.

Meanwhile, A&M giving up 40+ points to Auburn, Mississippi State, and Alabama and 30+ to Ole Miss, LSU, and Arkansas is because of great offense. Oh yea 31 against Rice too. But hey, they have a great SEC offense as well......

I think we're done here. I have a threshold for debate and I think we've reached it. No need to continue further with the drivel you're spouting.
You're cherry picking. I never said there weren't good Defenses other than the SEC. And I never said there weren't good offenses outside of the SEC. I did reference overall that the SEC as a conference was better defensively collectively. Granted A&M D is pitiful, no denying that, I have said it many times but A&M more of the exception than the norm. As for Stanford, I had them as my preseason pick to be in the National Championship game vs Alabama. For the last two years I have been a strong proponent for David Shaw to be the next HC of the Texans and stated many times how Shaw has his team ready to play in all 3 phases of the game, week in and week out. In some of your cherry picking, weather has also played a pretty good defense but don't let that stop you. Advantage Teddy???