Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013   #949
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98526 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Simple explanation that Big Ten fans have difficulty understanding, SEC defenses have to face SEC offenses. Michigan St. defensive stats are built on playing anemic Big Ten offenses. It's not difficult. An open mind helps keep the reality of situation in perspective. You saw how that great Notre Dame defense handled Alabama last year didn't you?
This, by far, is the most ridiculous thing you've said thus far. Are you preaching to me Mr. SEC fan? I'm not a "Big Ten" fan. I live in Texas. I went to Texas A&M. I root for Michigan because of my dad. So please spare me the act of instructing me on how simple it is.

SEC offenses face SEC defenses? Jesus you are an Aggie. That's the same line of BS the Big 12 was feeding everybody 5-6 years ago when they couldn't stop anyone. By the way, if the offenses are so good then why are only 6 SEC teams ranked in the top 40 in offense? The Pac-12 and Big 12 have just as many. Funny how the Pac-12 has as many top offenses and top defenses as the SEC, but the SEC is the superior defensive league because they play better defense and face "better offenses" lol.

If the stats on defense don't back you up then spout your propaganda about how awesome the offenses are. That's why the defenses aren't as good....

And nobody is debating that Alabama doesn't have a great defense. However, just because Alabama has a great defense doesn't mean the SEC is the best defensive league. That's a prototypical "SEC fan" mindset of the teams that aren't Alabama, but want to throw their hat into that elite ring because they're in the same conference. I'm almost mistaking you for a Kentucky or Tennessee fan now.

And who cares about Notre Dame? They needed the refs to beat Stanford and Pittsburgh. They lucked their way into the title game and everyone knew they were going to the woodshed.

- The Immortal Bo