Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013   #920
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Honest, you've made several comments derogatory of SEC, SEC defenses and the SEC being overrated. You've clearly illustrated your dislike for the SEC. (the good news is I've been reading your post)

Mr teX and WolverineFan it is clear that you've a complete dislike or even a hate for Manziel. It is also clear that I think Manziel will be a top QB pick in the 2014 NFL draft. The 1st QB taken, I really don't know but I wouldn't be surprised. Is Teddy the consensus #1? In the media spin yes but come draft time maybe not.

FWIW at this point I'm thinking if the Texans have #1 pick they might be better served trading back w/ Cleveland at #10 for their #1, their 2nd RD and their 1st RD in 2015. Texans clean house and dump all bad money in 2014. Who do the Texans take with 10th pick? Depends on what QBs go back to school? A top OT and Aaron Brown and Jeremiah Attaochu with their two 2nds sounds like a great start to the rebuilding program.

As for our Manziel discussion I think we've exhausted our positions and at this point we're wasting bandwidth.
No dislike for him...i don't know the kid personally. I only dislike the opinions of people who are ready to annoint this kid.....like yours. As it is, you can't even be critical of the kid without 1 of you coming out the woodworks in his defense.

For what it's worth, i think it's in his best interest to go back to school for another year. There's no denying he's got talent & athleticism, he simply needs to get better passing the ball. Anyone who seriously watches him can see that. he's extremely raw.

By the way, i feel almost the exact same way about Brett Hundley.