View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013   #80
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Firing an NFL coach in midseason - it's likely to happen in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
This is exactly the problem with firing a coach mid-season. You can't get your real coach for next year yet.

So you name a coordinator who you already know is not a good long term answer as interim (Wade, or Romeo Crennel). Team wins 4 of 5 games in December and then the pressure is crazy high that "you gotta make Wade / Romeo the permanent coach!" Then you are sunk for two more years before you can get a real head coach you want.

Better to let Gary ride down with the ship and take the rest of the staff with him.
yep. Even after watching one of the worst games I have ever had the miserable experience to watch yesterday, I think Kubiak should have to sit there and represent this garbage and own it as his garbage. This is his team. His players, his coaches, his schemes, his decisions.

Yeah, he needs to be fired. But just wait for a few more games and see how long his losing streak can go. Losing to the Jaguars tells me that they can take it to 14 games in a row.

And great point about the perception if an interim coach starts winning games. We do not need anyone on this staff to still be employed next year, so let them all go down with the ship as far as I'm concerned.

Clean house, start over, and [hopefully] pick up a "franchise" QB in the first round. There is no retooling this team. It is time for a complete rebuild, starting in January 2014.