View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013   #330
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13424 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Here's a good writeup of potential coaches for hte NFL:
linky

For the record I really don't think Sumlin will be a good head coach in the NFL.
I have to say, Sumlin is still my choice for HC (if only because the offense would not have to change immensely and because it makes sense considering his ties to Houston/Rick Smith), but ever since Ray Horton was brought up he's become my backup dream pick.

He has a track record of success as a secondary coach and defensive coordinator; that Cardinals defense was downright scary last year before the offense collapsed into a slagheap, and he has successfully transmuted a very good 4-3 defense in Cleveland into a very good 3-4 defense. He helped develop Patrick Peterson and Joe Haden is having a great year in Cleveland. As we already run a 3-4, we wouldn't have to worry about finding a defensive tackle to pair with Earl Mitchell.

Having him as HC and drafting Clowney at #1/2 overall could just be downright filthy. Plus, we'd have a coach with cornrows! Can't argue with that.