View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013   #27
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Explaining the Texans Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I'm slow on the pick up and loathe to change. How do we know who makes the ultimate calls on draft picks or who has the most influence? Does Kubiak exert an inordinate amount of influence over the draft or Smith? We've had some very talented players on this team and some very good drafts. Players haven't always developed the way we all thought. That happens.

We've also let some talented players go that have been productive for other teams. I think Smith is a good GM and I also think it would be good for him to get a HC he's not so close to. That closeness can and will cloud the judgement too often.

I guess I see the current situation more as a coaching/execution issue than a talent issue. I think the talent is there to be a winning team. Everything else seems to be lacking.
My problem with Smith is not so much his draft day decisions, but his salary cap management. Maybe he needs a better capologist.

But we have let a lot of guys go and have not had a "next man up" to replace them. I would like a completely different organization in place here so we can start fresh. If we need to keep Smith for the offseason and get someone else I'm fine with that.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote