View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013   #25
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Explaining the Texans Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
Why would you think that Smith could do a better job?
What has he done on his own personnel wise? Has he had any input other than DB's maybe? Our scouting dept has for the most part been a failure
Reference the last sentence JB. I don't think any of us know exactly how all these decisions go down. Could it ALL be RS's fault? Sure, it could be but then again, none of us really know. I've watched this team go to hell in a handbasket this season but at the same time have seen and heard about this team being deep in talent over the last several years. Yeah, I know. What talent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
The Texans org needs a fresh start, new ideas. That means Rick needs to go. Do you trust Rick Smith to hire the new HC? I dont, Rick did most of the evaluating for the 2010 draft. Gary missed the combine. That draft is a big reason why talent/depth is lacking on todays roster
I couldn't agree more that this organization needs an enema. Badly. After watching this fiasco on the field today I'm all for throwing out the bathwater and the baby. Start with a clean tub. That could be the best move that McNair has ever made. You know as well as I do that can be a whole chorus of double edge sword, the lid on Pandora's box, on and on. Does he try to coax Herm or Dennis Green out of retirement, look to an up and coming coordinator, look in the college ranks or snag one of the many retreads that will become available the day he cuts Gary loose?

I hope McNair's football IQ has grown enough to make the right decision. I also know how he craves stability. I don't know if he would consider keeping the GM in place "stability" or if he's fed up enough to cut the entire crop and start new. I don't think any of "us" know.

All that said, after today I'm all in for just burning the place down and starting fresh knowing full well it can go in several different directions.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote