Thread: Are we tanking?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2013   #47
Lord Bills
Destruction

Rep Power: 440 Lord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respectedLord Bills is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are we tanking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
We're not tanking. This is just what it looks like when a franchise falls apart.

2-14 is the likelihood. I don't think we win another game this year and I don't think a single coach survives the purge. Marciano won't even be able to get out of this one.

I bet we flip half our roster before next season. From where I'm sitting right now we have one HoF WR, Watt, Cushing, and a bunch of guys who are just guys. The cupboard is about as bare as it was when Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith walked through the door.

Cast off parts of the Houston Texans are performing well all over the NFL. If Bob McNair can't look at the sheer number of players his team has burned through and do the math after this season he'll never get it. He'll be doomed to run a bottom-feeder franchise (in the classiest possible way) for the rest of his time as an NFL owner.

McNair comes off as a billionaire who knows nothing about football and just has total trust and devotion to people he hired or who his yes men told him to hire.

Its a good and bad thing.

You can have an owner who knows so much about the game (al davis/jerry jones) and have too much impact on football decisions which can cause problems or you can have an owner who is totally oblivious to the game and just hires people and listen to cronies and yes men because he doesnt know anything about the game like McNair and what you get is a coaching staff with no checks and balances, no accountability like kubiak.

What you need is a even mix of both. An owner who knows something about the game and is somewhat involved but not too much.

Les Alexander comes to mind perfectly.

Jerry Jones/Al Davis on one end and McNair on the other end of the spectrum. You dont want your owner to be on extreme ends of the spectrum, you want someone in the middle.
Lord Bills is offline   Reply With Quote