Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013   #848
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'll trust my evals over yours, thanks though.
Your evals don't suck, I have the same opinion. "Johnny football" (and that nickname is getting so annoying. Maybe it was that ridiculous music video they made, or the fact that a grown man calls himself "johnny" idk) is not a NFL QB. Great college player no doubt, but his game does not translate to the NFL. His arm is weak, he throws off balance way too much to consistently put the mustard that he needs to on the ball at the next level (and it's not like he had a whole lot of mustard to begin with). He plays too reckless and is way too reckless when running the ball, (he will be on I.R. in no time.) and he abandons the pocket prematurely too much.

Basically the same things that make him so exciting to watch on a college football field are the same things that will cause him failure and bring him a LOT of problems at the next level. He won't be able to just run around on Sundays like he does on Saturdays, so whoever drafts him is basically going to have to re-teach him how to play QB all over again and they will have the difficult task of trying to break him of a lot of bad habits.