View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013   #18
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Explaining the Texans Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Good article to with stats to back up what we already knew, nothing really to see here..

- Matt Schaub doesn't push the ball down the field.
- our offensive line blows on the right side..
- our outside linebackers suck and don't ever pressure the QB.
- with no pressure our secondary has no chance, oh and Bryce McCain should never stop on the field again.
- our special teams suck..
actually i don't agree with the bolded.
We don't get the high stats for sacks but we are 3rd in the league in QB hits and 11th in sack percentage (amounts of sacks against opponent passing attempts).
Its not elite i agree but not has bad as some suggest. there are more glaring issues on defence

What is really a mind blowing stat is we are ranked 31st in tackles!
Our OLB are not playing at elite level but its not our problem on defence.
Our problem is not stopping in the run (1st in total defence, 20th in rushing yards allowed).

We need to get better at ILB and NT. Its pretty simple when i say the names of tarpinian, sharpton and mitchell are our current starters at those positions. Get better there and the defence will be much improved
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote