View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013   #117
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kraft: "London ready for own NFL team"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Or how about your town of Vancouver?...lol. At least that way Seattle would have a real turf rival for the first time in history.
Whilst I would love it (I think - it'd be a bit weird having a genuine second team behind the Texans who I'd be socially expected to get more amped up for...), to be frank Vancouver doesn't deserve it (and doesn't really have the stadia for it - BC Place has just been redeveloped for $500 million and is still under 60,000 seats, which barely ever sell out for sporting events).

Seattle is just a phenomenal sports city. I've not managed to hit many places in the USA for sports, but having experienced their college football fans, their NFL fans and their MLS fans - it is absolutely insane down there. They could sell out any of the major sports at ease.

If you want an under the radar NFL base for Canada I would nominate Regina, Saskatchewan! They are by far the most passionate loyal and 'into' it Canadian Football city - it's like a high school football following fused with professional football. Even though their population is 180,000 people, I think they'd still have a decent shot at selling out a 70,000-80,000 stadium. Maybe it is because there is nothing else to do out there, but man do they love their football (if anyone is getting it on their TV schedule, tomorrow they are hosting the Grey Cup - Canada's Superbowl - it should be absolutely mental in Regina).