View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013   #87
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jamies Winston Qb Florida State

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Passing along rumors is not victim blaming. We have basically no facts in this case. We don't have enough evidence to even say that there was a victim. I don't see a point in going all P.C. with passing along rumors just because a woman is accusing somebody of something. "She was asking for it" assumes there is evidence of wrong doing at our disposal.

I also don't understand the Roethlisberger thing. I didn't follow that case, was the evidence overwhelming or something? He was acquitted, so it seems to me people should be able to come to his defense. Do people not believe in this process?

I look at it like the accuser and accused are on equal grounds when it comes to a he said she said, no evidence situation.
The Roethlisburger case featured police mishandling all parts of the complaint and Roethlisburger getting the charges dismissed. It was also rumored that there was police and D.A. pressure on the victim to drop the charges.

I find the connection that was implied in the first post I quoted that somehow her creating a hastag of #cleatChasers somehow absolves Jameis of any wrongdoing pretty abhorrent. It's a "rumor" that attempts to paint the female who has hired an attorney to get sexual assault charges pressed on Winston as trashy and deserving of whatever happened and that's pretty gross.

The idea that this sort of "rumor" is any sort of actual relevance to whether Jameis is innocent or guilty is gross and Steeler fans did the exact same thing for months when Ben was charged with his sexual assault case(s).

EDIT: You seem to lack some self-awareness so I'm going to help you out, you might not want to rush to defend a dude on your favorite team who is accused of rape. It's not a great look to start and it's going to look real bad if this gets ugly. You may just want to hold back and wait for some more stuff to come out, maybe.