View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Explaining the Texans Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
As you know, I usually disagree with you about Kubiak... There is no denying, however, that the thing that has been exposed this season is the mindset and attitude of the team- which comes directly from Kubiak.

We have the 2nd ranked defense and 8th ranked offense, yet we are looking at a top five pick. Why? The coaches are too busy focused on simple execution and never engage in critically viewing one another and looking for ways to gain an edge. Kubiak knows how much easier for an offense to make a play in the passing game if he and his QB know they will face man coverage... Somehow, that info never makes it to wade. We will just keep banging our heads against the same wall...

On offense, the Tate run call last week at the goal line was a good example... We just do what we do, despite the fact that we were missing the personnel to do it.

So, for me, this season is the perfect storm- it is a picture of the downside risk with Kubiak in charge. Odds are good, that this wouldn't happen next year if he is around.... But, he will be gone. I will be hoping for a dynamic leader and not just something different.
I see it also as perfect storm with Schaub's mental snap from NE game, Kubiak's resisting change, injuries to key starters with no depth, forcing RT Newton to play hurt, having to settle for Ryan Harris as backup due to $, Ed Reed dud coupled with Manning's injury that did not allow Swearinger time to learn and forcing Keo to play more than spot play. Then we have Joseph's avg play (groin?), D. Brown's injuries and McCain's regression after a decent year earning the new deal.

I was hopeful that this next off season would allow Houston to start adding to depth and why I made the statement that I thought we were building a dynasty. I think Schaub is shell shocked and is gone. Kubiak is simply shocked and can only resort to what he thinks will work IF he had the personnel to do so. He is evidently not the coach to take average players and help them win ala Bum Phillips.

A good draft and a few other personnel decisions (decent nose tackle for one) and we could see this team rebuild in two years. I think fans will accept that. I doubt that we have management to do it.