View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Explaining the Texans Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
This entire write up could be summed up to one problem which is leadership and coaching. Every single thing outlined in this thing all goes back to that.
As you know, I usually disagree with you about Kubiak... There is no denying, however, that the thing that has been exposed this season is the mindset and attitude of the team- which comes directly from Kubiak.

We have the 2nd ranked defense and 8th ranked offense, yet we are looking at a top five pick. Why? The coaches are too busy focused on simple execution and never engage in critically viewing one another and looking for ways to gain an edge. Kubiak knows how much easier for an offense to make a play in the passing game if he and his QB know they will face man coverage... Somehow, that info never makes it to wade. We will just keep banging our heads against the same wall...

On offense, the Tate run call last week at the goal line was a good example... We just do what we do, despite the fact that we were missing the personnel to do it.

So, for me, this season is the perfect storm- it is a picture of the downside risk with Kubiak in charge. Odds are good, that this wouldn't happen next year if he is around.... But, he will be gone. I will be hoping for a dynamic leader and not just something different.