View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013   #64
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Wink Re: BL Stop bleeding Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I'm a fan of BPA and if say Watkins is BPA and I'm stacked at WR I would try to trade down and accumulate more draft picks. This helps turn the odds in your favor. I will say if you've got a player rated head and shoulders above everybody else on your board you should pick him. Example: Watt, DE wasn't a huge need but Wade took him because he was way higher rated than everybody else on the board.

I try to look at the draft in 2 yr cycles. The OL/DL was very strong last yr, LB's not so much. This yr LB's are strong. So I wouldn't reach for a LB last yr if it was a need, because I know I can get a better LB this yr and use the 2013 draft to fortify the OL/DL and fill in the gaps with FA's.

Hope you can understand my philosophy, this was a poorly written post. LOL
Not poorly written at all. Generally if we give a prospect 3 years to grade, influencing future contract offer, we should also look three years ahead in draft cycle. People who arn't into what we do in mock threads cannot fathome why or how we can discuss these topics year round & reason is the process of player evaluation is continuous, year round. Bottom line, in our own little way we are trying to help find answers to player personal questions.

If you are certain Watt is best player on board I would take him this year, next year & the year after that. Imagine a front line with three JJ's? But seriously, odds of BPA being same position in consecutive seasons rare, so there shouldn't be any conflict. Nobody cares or even remembers where you selected a player only that he works out & fills a need on Texans so they can improve.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote