View Single Post
Old 11-23-2013   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Explaining the Texans Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
(B) The broader conclusion I take from this analysis is that the major reason the Texans are crashing and burning is because on the whole we've made bad personnel decisions as a team on offense and defense despite some of the shining bright spots like Watt or Foster (and I have to say I'm questioning the wisdom of the investment we made in Foster).

What say you?
My opinion (I haven't read the article yet, but I'm going to) is that the Texans still do not believe they are as bad as they are. I believe they're going into every game thinking, "Surely we're not this bad." Then make excuses for what happened when the game is over. This was this, or that was that.... "We're not that bad."

& Gary's mantra is that if we worry about us, we'll win games.

However, San Diego & Tennessee approached our games as if we had targets on our backs. They came to those games thinking they had to play their best football to have a chance to win..... & they almost did.

Baltimore was going to pay us back for last season & it was just another game to us... & to Reed (who was probably still wearing purple at the time).

The Texans need to accept the fact that they aren't playing very good football right now. Even though it might look like one play here or there, it's the bunches of little plays that are killing this team. Jacksonville should look like the best team in the league to us & this should be our Super Bowl.

They need to approach this game & every game after as the most important game in Texans' history.